This Brut Champagne defines elegant refreshments, even in its presentation. It is a perfect companion to truffle influenced dishes, such as truffle oil drizzled pastas. White fish – sole or monkfish à la meunière, or even traditional Mediterranean casseroles are perfect companions, as are cooked or cured hams, and soft white cheeses such as brie or camembert. It marries perfectly with meat dishes, such as fillet of venison slow braised in a shallot sauce. The palate is excellent, fruity, and full of flavor, with dried fruits from the lees aging, but very elegant, giving the drinker a delightful sense of abundance.
The grapes are 100% hand-harvested and transported to the winery in 25kg capacity self-draining plastic boxes to prevent grape damage, and thereby avoiding the possibility that the juice might oxidize, with a consequent loss of freshness.
• The must for Reserva Heredad comes from the lightest pressing of the grapes. We only use the first 50% of the juice pressed. This is known as the “flower” must, as it is the most aromatic and delicate.
• The first fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks at a controlled low temperature of between 14 and 16°C, to retain the primary aromas of the grapes.
• The blend for Reserva Heredad is made up of nine different wines, each one vinified in separate tanks. The magic of the blend is in ensuring that each one lends its own touch of character to the whole.
• These give structure, softness on the palate, more complex aromas (honey, dried fruits, and flowers), as well as an elegant and persistent mousse.
• Before disgorgement we give each bottle a last sharp shake, or twist of the wrist, known as a “poignettage”, lifting the yeast cells from the side of the bottle, and mixing them once more with the wine, thus intensifying the element of autolysis.
• The riddling or turning of all the bottles of Reserva Heredad is done by hand and in pupitres.
• The dosage of Reserva Heredad is 9 grams of sugar per liter to optimize its versatility in food pairings with all manner of tasty morsels.